Women in Leadership provides information to help women understand the qualities that make people leaders, and then teaches basic management skills that can be applied in the work place. The emphasis is on women and addresses unique challenges and opportunities faced by women at work.
What you will gain from this course:
Women are taking an increasing role in the workforce, in UK for example women account for 54% of the total workforce, and U.A.E. has identified national women as necessary for the development of the Emirati business community and nation.
Teaching and learning strategies will involve a balance of discussion, group and pair work, self-rating questionnaires, video, activity/presentation sessions. This course is led by an experienced and well qualified female trainer who has wide management and supervisory experience in U.A.E. and is able to assist participants whose first language is not English.
This course will help all women, whatever their background. All women, from students to managers and those contemplating a return to work following absence to bring up a family, will increase confidence to develop their professional and positional power in the workplace.
As a result of attending this course: self-esteem will be enhanced, career opportunities will multiply, leadership will become more comfortable. This will lead to greater income and increased freedom.
I The Characteristics of Effective Leaders
- Your Leadership Potential
- Identifying “Styles” of Leadership and a Model
- A Leader’s Attitude and Vision
- Stereotypes of Women and their Implications
- Dealing with Prejudices Against Women as Leaders
II Leading Your Team
- Yourself as an Effective Team Builder
- Characteristics of Highly-Cohesive Teams
- Characteristics of Team Members
- Evaluating Your Team Players
- Motivating Your Team?
III Planning Tools
- Goal Setting
- Involving Your Team in Goal Setting
- Getting Organised
- Time Management Techniques
- Getting the most out of Meetings
- Delegating, not Abdicating
- Decision Making
IV Women Managers as Problem Solvers
- Resolving Conflict
- Managing Difficult People
- Coaching and Counselling
- Feedback and Using “I” messages
- Managing Stress
V Developing Assertiveness and Confidence
VI Action Plan for Implementation