Teams have become a principal building block of the strategy of successful organizations. Success as a manager is heavily influenced by how well your team operates and what kind of results they achieve. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the central methodology of most organizations in the private, non-profit, and government sectors.
This program is designed as a practical program for participants who want to develop their team leadership skills and unleash the talent of their individual team members through innovative collaboration. With teams at the core of the corporate strategy, your success as an organization can often depend on how well you and other team members collaborate across functions.
At the end of this five-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Uncover their leadership and team mindset to build a cohesive and high performance team.
- Build teamwork by recognizing and tapping into the key characteristics of an effective team through open communication
- Promote creativity and innovation through team spirit by exploring team player style and how it impacts group dynamics
- Recognize the key elements that move a team from involvement to empowerment based on trust and relationship.
- Develop strategies for dealing with team conflict and common problems with action planning and analysis tools to help team perform better.
This program is specially designed for supervisors, team leaders and anyone who are seeking innovative and practical team building processes and practices for leading their team members to drive organizational effectiveness.
Based on adult-learning principles, this program is highly interactive, practical and filled with team building activities to engage the learner. This highly participative session will include mini-lectures, facilitator-led discussions, training games, case studies, learning group exercises with hands-on coaching.
Day 1 : Organizations Today
- Defining Team
- Challenging the Team Mindset
- Dysfunction vs Cohesive Team
- The TORI Team Building Model
- The Five Stages of Team Development
- Nurturing Teams
Day 2 : Characteristics of Great Teams
- Value of Working as a Team
- The First Four Characteristics
- Open Communication
- Clear Roles and Assignments
- Establish Team Norms
- Becoming a Good Team Player
Day 3 : Dynamics of Team and Innovation
- Task Information
- Design and Construction
- Team Player Types
- My Team Style
- Creativity and Innovative Team
Day 4 : Team Trust and Relationship
- Shared Vision
- The Trust and Relationship Model
- Lateral and Vertical Thinking
- Team Shaping Factors
- The Power of Collaboration
- Building Team Trust
Day 5 : Performance and Conflict Management
- Leadership Role in Team Performance
- Intervention of Team Leaders
- Ways to Resolve Conflict
- Resolving Internal Conflict
- Civilized Disagreements and Consensus
- Developing Team Action Plans